Written By Edward W. Harrison
Do you remember the boy or girl in high school who wore black rimmed glasses with the thick lenses? Of course you do. They were coined the kids with coke bottles for eyes.
Often times, these young people were ridiculed, bullied and made fun of simply because they had a vision deficiency. Oh how classmates then and now enjoy putting down others who look odd to us.
Even today, individuals still have eye conditions by birth, genes or some other circumstances which requires them to wear these so called coke bottled style glasses. These glasses are usually prescribed by a licensed optometrist, who has evaluated a patient on the best lens width and thickness for everyday use.
I know you’re probably saying what about contact lenses, Lasik surgery to correct ones’ vision and to enhance self-confidence. Yes, those options are available to those who can afford these medical procedures. This is where PPSG and AmeriPlan® with its low cost memberships can help the average middle class family.
AmeriPlan’s® single and household programs offer vision, dental, chiropractic and prescription packages. The vision program is outlined below:
- 12,000 plus optical providers nationwide
- 20% to 60% savings on all frames , lenses, tints, scratch-resistant coatings and ultra-violent protection
- 10% to 50% on ophthalmology eye exams, and LASIK surgery with certain providers in selected markets
- 10% to 20% contact lenses (excluding disposables) at participating retail locations
- 10% to 40% replacement contact lenses
- Additional discounts online on designer non-prescription sunglasses
- 30 Day Unconditional money-back guarantee on all merchandise
Oh, that kid with the coke bottled glasses is now a Fortune 500 CEO at major U.S. Company. WOW!!