(855) 878-7774

Taking good care of your teeth now is the best way to avoid needing painful and expensive dental care in the future. Unfortunately, many people do not go to the dentist because they cannot afford to do so. With dental insurance, you can reduce the cost of care so that you can take better care of your teeth.

21707059Understanding dental insurance and how it works will help you find the right policy for your needs. There are a number of different types of insurance on the market, and understanding how they differ makes this decision a lot easier.

* Dental insurance, like other forms of health insurance, pays for a portion of the cost of care. Most policies cover all or almost all of the cost of basic preventative treatments, such as cleanings, exams, and X-rays. Your plan pays less of the cost of more specialized procedures, such as root canals or braces.

* Most insurance companies have a network of providers. If a dentist belongs to his network, your insurance policy will pay more of the cost of treatment. If you see an out-of-network dentist, your plan will pay less. In some cases, your insurance may not pay anything when you see someone who does not belong to its network.

* Dental insurance plans usually have an annual maximum. This means that the plan will pay no more than that amount towards the cost of care. Any additional expenses will have to be paid for out of your own pocket. Be sure to find out what this maximum is when you are shopping for a plan.

* Like most forms of insurance, dental insurance policies have a deductible. You are responsible for the cost of care up to the level of your deductible. Once your expenses exceed this amount, your insurance company will start paying its share of the cost of treatment.

* Many dental insurance policies include a provision for coinsurance. For each procedure, there is a defined percentage that the insurance will pay, and you have to pay the rest. For example, the insurance might cover 90 percent of the cost of a cleaning, and you are responsible for the other 10 percent. The exact percentage will vary according to the specific procedure.

* Dental procedures are generally divided into three classes. Your insurance company will pay the most for basic preventative treatments, such as cleanings or X-rays. Fillings or other minor procedures are covered at a lower rate. Finally, more significant or specialized procedures are reimbursed at an even lower percentage.

* Be sure to get an estimate of the cost before undergoing any dental procedure. Your dentist should be able to give you a good sense of how much you will have to pay for any treatment and how much your insurance will cover. In some cases, your dentist may be able to offer you a discount or let you play via a payment plan.

Dental insurance may be a good deal for some folks, but with its severe benefit amounts and the long waiting periods that most major dental insurance companies require, discount dental plans often provide a much better deal.

The AmeriPlan Dental Plus is a great example of a discount dental plan that can save up to 60% on many expensive dental services such as braces! There’s no waiting period, and to get these great savings, just sign up below for a very low cost monthly membership of $19.95 today!

Have some questions? Visit our frequently asked questions by clicking HERE or give us a call at (855)-878-7774

oral healthAmeriPlan discount health and dental plans are designed to save you money while providing the health and dental care you and your family needs. Get started now and you’ll be amazed at the level of medical and dental services and the low cost.

*The merchants and the savings associated with their respective products and/or services offered are subject to change without notice.

Topic: Understanding Dental Insurance

(855) 878-7774